AltcoinCommunity
Best config for mining? - Printable Version

+- AltcoinCommunity (https://altcoincommunity.net)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (https://altcoincommunity.net/forum-25.html)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://altcoincommunity.net/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Best config for mining? (/thread-1542.html)

Pages: 1 2

Best config for mining? - Spider - 11-08-2017

Best config for mining?

RE: Best config for mining? - makomako - 11-09-2017

config? you mean the .bat file?
you can put -i 20 then gradually increase it but mostly the speed is based on what hardware/overclock settings you got not on config

RE: Best config for mining? - obi1 - 11-09-2017

intensity 21 for me shows best result. on nvidia

RE: Best config for mining? - crocozino - 11-09-2017

guyz, the thread was created in Hardware section, so it means that he is asking about hardware setup

my best working rig consist of
asus Z270-P mb
Celeron CPU
8GB DDR4
HDD
PSU 500W gold
PSU 2400W hp ( server)
and 4 x Palit 1080ti - after 2 weeks will add 2 more

RE: Best config for mining? - H055Y - 11-09-2017

If he's referring to hardware and asking for the best config ... I would have to say that the best config depends on what your budget is. If I had an unlimited budget I would buy a monster rig with an insane amount of GPU's but I think most of us are only able to buy smaller rigs or just GPU by GPU and not all at once. So this questions is very subjective to the person u ask Smile

RE: Best config for mining? - makomako - 11-09-2017

(11-09-2017, 10:51 AM)H055Y Wrote: If he's referring to hardware and asking for the best config ... I would have to say that the best config depends on what your budget is. If I had an unlimited budget I would buy a monster rig with an insane amount of GPU's but I think most of us are only able to buy smaller rigs or just GPU by GPU and not all at once. So this questions is very subjective to the person u ask Smile

I agree, it all depends on your budget and how much you'll be getting the hardware but i preferred to use 1070 because of its price/hash/versatility ratio.

RE: Best config for mining? - H055Y - 11-09-2017

(11-09-2017, 06:01 PM)makomako Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 10:51 AM)H055Y Wrote: If he's referring to hardware and asking for the best config ... I would have to say that the best config depends on what your budget is. If I had an unlimited budget I would buy a monster rig with an insane amount of GPU's but I think most of us are only able to buy smaller rigs or just GPU by GPU and not all at once. So this questions is very subjective to the person u ask Smile

I agree, it all depends on your budget and how much you'll be getting the hardware but i preferred to use 1070 because of its price/hash/versatility ratio.

If we're talking about GPU's then yea 1070 is a very good choice to be sure u can mine a big variety of algo's. I had a 1080TI which also was a very powerfull GPU but it's not really suitable for all algo's so u have to be more picky on which ones u are gonna mine. Best thing to do also is to build a custom rack so u have access to all the hardware easily and also to prevent heat issues.

RE: Best config for mining? - crocozino - 11-10-2017

(11-09-2017, 11:39 PM)H055Y Wrote:

If we're talking about GPU's then yea 1070 is a very good choice to be sure u can mine a big variety of algo's. I had a 1080TI which also was a very powerfull GPU but it's not really suitable for all algo's so u have to be more picky on which ones u are gonna mine. Best thing to do also is to build a custom rack so u have access to all the hardware easily and also to prevent heat issues.

I was just saying that if you want to go for high density builds you should opt for a 1080 ti , No wonder , 1070 will ROI faster (lets just say around 15-20% faster ) but it will take 50 % more space , 50 percent more cables +50 percent more motherboard slots + 50 percent more sata /molex/6pin cables for risers + 50 percent more heat

And in the long run u can sell the 1080 ti at much higher the price then a 1070, since it will be still in competition with the next gen and gamers might find it better then a mid end next gen card at same price

also no need to buy all 7-8 cards right now, you can start to build you rig one by one.

RE: Best config for mining? - H055Y - 11-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 09:00 AM)crocozino Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 11:39 PM)H055Y Wrote:

I was just saying that if you want to go for high density builds you should opt for a 1080 ti , No wonder , 1070 will ROI faster (lets just say around 15-20% faster ) but it will take 50 % more space , 50 percent more cables +50 percent more motherboard slots + 50 percent more sata /molex/6pin cables for risers + 50 percent more heat

And in the long run u can sell the 1080 ti at much higher the price then a 1070, since it will be still in competition with the next gen and gamers might find it better then a mid end next gen card at same price

also no need to buy all 7-8 cards right now, you can start to build you rig one by one.

The 50% increase on all things doesn't have to be an issue if u build your own custom rack, even the 50% extra heat is welcome now with the upcoming winter. Buying more cables isn't really gonna cost that much more if u consider the price of a GPU nowadays. I still have to build my own custom rig as for now it's just my gaming PC doing all the mining for me, but when I do, it better be a power hungry monster!

RE: Best config for mining? - crocozino - 11-11-2017

(11-10-2017, 10:57 AM)H055Y Wrote: The 50% increase on all things doesn't have to be an issue if u build your own custom rack, even the 50% extra heat is welcome now with the upcoming winter. Buying more cables isn't really gonna cost that much more if u consider the price of a GPU nowadays. I still have to build my own custom rig as for now it's just my gaming PC doing all the mining for me, but when I do, it better be a power hungry monster!

well, I've just have been trough it already Cool 
first "rig" was my gaming PC, I added 2 more cards there. It was noisy and looked bad Big Grin 

so then I have made another one with 12 x 1070 - that was I good one, I thought.
but the latest one is the build with 6x1080ti - which cost 20% less the 12x1070, eats less power, takes 2x times less space and delivering same performance as 12 pcs monster Angel 

p.s. I'll add 2 more 1080ti and will be satisfying for now Angel

RE: Best config for mining? - H055Y - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 04:25 AM)crocozino Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 10:57 AM)H055Y Wrote: The 50% increase on all things doesn't have to be an issue if u build your own custom rack, even the 50% extra heat is welcome now with the upcoming winter. Buying more cables isn't really gonna cost that much more if u consider the price of a GPU nowadays. I still have to build my own custom rig as for now it's just my gaming PC doing all the mining for me, but when I do, it better be a power hungry monster!

well, I've just have been trough it already Cool 
first "rig" was my gaming PC, I added 2 more cards there. It was noisy and looked bad Big Grin 

so then I have made another one with 12 x 1070 - that was I good one, I thought.
but the latest one is the build with 6x1080ti - which cost 20% less the 12x1070, eats less power, takes 2x times less space and delivering same performance as 12 pcs monster Angel 

p.s. I'll add 2 more 1080ti and will be satisfying for now Angel

Seems like a wet dream for me, but I will get there one day and build such a rig as well Smile
U also use Afterburner to tweak them I hope?

RE: Best config for mining? - crocozino - 11-12-2017

(11-11-2017, 04:47 PM)H055Y Wrote: Seems like a wet dream for me, but I will get there one day and build such a rig as well Smile
U also use Afterburner to tweak them I hope?

yes, of courser I use it, it gives nice 10% bonus to hashrate and if tweaked right lower the power consumption!
so I'm all in all winner!
but really, I think that you have to see the final result. adding one card by one, to know one day that you have to chnage PSU, cause in is not enough now power or pcie connectors, or change MB because 4xPCI-E slots is not enough any more..
you got the point, right? so think well which rig in the end you wanna get and build slow but steady.